Saturday, July 6, 2013

My New Obsessions

     It's the simple things in life that can turn a day from crummy (or even just average) into a sing-at-the-top-of-your-lungs, someone-just-gave-you-a-chocolate-bar kind of day. Simple things like, someone actually giving you a chocolate bar. Getting a letter in the mail. Getting your paycheck. Season 3 of Sherlock. (Oh, wait.) Or, if you're me, you rejoice at going to pick up the book you placed on hold at the library, and the librarian telling you, "Oh, it looks like you actually have three books available." 

     "Excuse me, what did you say?" I ask politely, waiting with bated breath.

     "You have three books for pick-up."

     *Cue the Hallelujah chorus and gospel singers* I do a silent fist pump and exclaim with joy. But quietly, so people don't stare.

     Seriously, isn't that the best feeling in the world? But I digress...sort of. My two new passions are:

Obsession #1: Reading. Honestly, this is nothing new. Anyone who knows me can tell you I love to read. As in, love is not an accurate adjective to properly convey how much I enjoy reading. Unfortunately, I wandered from the delightful path of reading due to my hectic schedule, (watching five episodes of Alias takes a huge chunk out of my schedule. Not to mention job-hunting, working, and all that grown-up stuff also.) AND the lack of good books. Not that there aren't good books out there, I had just either read them, or hadn't heard about them yet. And...Alias.

     Recently, however, I have rediscovered my passion for reading, and have devoured 3 books in about 4 days. Yes, yes friends, I am re-obsessed. Hoorah!

Obsession #2: The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Umm, can someone please tell me how I did not know of their existence before? Because...they are amazing. They are so incredibly yummy, that - Dare I even say it? - I think like them better than Starbucks. Their concoctions are so creamy, so smooth, so delicious. And I have only been twice. But that is about to change. The other awesome thing about them is that they're not outrageously expensive. Sure, it still costs, but from what I've seen, they're a bit more affordable than Starbucks. I definitely recommend them! (Seriously, why do we not have these in Colorado?!)

     Soooo, yeah. 

4 comments:

  1. So, two things... yes, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf are better than Starbuck's. I will just say it no matter who gets mad at me. And I do believe you can buy their lovely little coffee thingies to put in the Keurig! Which just made them even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah!!!!
    Well then, Olivia and I, need to be introduced to these lovely little places :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm yes!!! I'm hoping to find time to read this summer too but to no avail thus far haha

    They have Coffee Bean in Singapore too! Oh my freaking gosh! Their dessert selection is sooooo good...carrot cake. Cheesecake. Red velvet cake. Eat EVERYTHING. It's delicious! Also, their birthday flavour thing? Rocky Road? Yum. Yum. Yum.

    Also, try to find bubble tea! I'm pretty sure it's there and it's delicious too! Yay food! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, you are absolutely correct. And I shall have to purchase these mysterious Keurig containers. =)

    Mum, fear not. I shall take you to all my favorite places. Target included. ;)

    Yi Sul, we seriously need to discuss books. Soon. And yes, I am so glad you share my joy! I need to get one of their delectable desserts. Red velvet cake?! Tomorrow. It will be consumed.

    ReplyDelete