Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Books and Coffee and Cute Guys, Oh My!

     Did you know that a regional park can have a train AND a medium size zoo? Plus have room for a lake and farmer's market? I didn't. Until yesterday. Yes, friends, Pam took me on a surprise adventure to Irvine Regional Park, that was indeed equipped with all of those things. Granted, the train and zoo were mostly geared toward children, but does that matter to me? Absolutely not. I had a fantabulous time, and in September through October they're going to have a pumpkin patch and hay rides; can you guess where I will be?! (Also, random thought about October. I really want to do a corn maze this year. Nevermind that I will most likely get lost in the dark since I have absolutely zero directional skills. That matters not!)

     Today, I also had an adventure, though of a milder kind. I basically went to Barnes and Noble, the library, and the Coffee Bean. (Were you expecting anything else?) Books, people! That's where it's at. (And coffee. Always coffee.) At the Coffee Bean, I was pleasantly surprised that the barista remembered my name. (And I paid in cash, so he didn't read it off my debit card. He remembered. Is this a sign that I go to the Coffee Bean too often? Naaaaahhh.) He's pretty cute too, which is quite flattering. (Nevermind that remembering repeat patrons is good customer service. I'm sticking to the he-digs-me story.) *cough*

     In other news, Hallmark is going really well. I love love love working there. (Never thought I'd say that about any job besides Disney.) It's just the perfect store. P-E-R-F-E-C-T. Cards, and knickknacks, and candles, oh my! I'm learning a bunch, and am almost finished with training. (Yay!)

     So, basically, life keeps moving forward here in California, just as anywhere else. And it's sweltering.

     Play nice. Stay cool. And love books.

     The end.

2 comments:

  1. I love to read all your updates. They are a bright spot in my day, and always give me a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete